Contact Information


1300 Franklin St.
2nd Floor
Vancouver, WA 98660



Office Hours:

Mon through Fri: 9:00 am - 4:30 pm Marriages 9:00 am - 4:00 pm

Office Email:



Greg Kimsey

Version: 2020.1.26

Online Marriage Application, provided by the Clark County Auditor's office

DISCLAIMER - Please Read

Applying for a Marriage License
Both the potential applicants must be present to apply for a marriage license. No appointment is necessary.

  • Both applicants must be at least 18 years of age or older and must have a current photo ID as proof of your age.
  • Applicants who are 17 years of age must be accompanied by one parent or legal guardian who can provide consent.
  • Applicants under the age of 17 must obtain permission from the Family Court.
  • Blood tests and physical exams are not required to obtain a marriage license.
  • Applicants do not have to be residents of the State of Washington to obtain a marriage license. The license is only valid for weddings that are performed within the state of Washington.
  • Proof of divorce from a previous spouse, or death of a spouse, is not required to obtain a marriage license. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that the final decree of divorce is filed before applying for a new marriage license.

Waiting Period
There is a three (3) day waiting period beginning the day you apply. Keep this in mind since the waiting period cannot be waived. You may not get married during this time. The license is valid for 60 days following the three day waiting period.

Witnesses are not necessary to apply for a license, but state law requires that at least two witnesses be present at the ceremony. Witnesses should be at least 12 years of age.

There is a $72 fee, cash or credit/debit card (convenience fee added). This fee is due at the time of application and is non-refundable.

Performing the Ceremony
State law prescribes who can perform a marriage ceremony: active and retired Supreme Court justices, Court of Appeals judges, Superior Court judges, Superior Court commissioners, and judges of courts of limited jurisdiction, as well as any regularly licensed or ordained minister or priest of any church or religious denomination. See RCW 26.04.050 for a complete list.

Ministers from any state may perform marriage ceremonies, but the ceremony must be performed in the State of Washington. Neither of the applicants may perform the ceremony.

To have a District Court judge perform the ceremony, call the District Court at (360) 397-2010 during regular business hours.

Marriages are Public Record
All marriage records are a matter of public record. The one exception to this is for those enrolled in the State's Address Confidentiality program. Once a license has been recorded, it cannot be "unrecorded."

For information about obtaining Copies of Marriage Certificates, please click here.

All public documents, including marriage certificates, are available from the Recording Department.

Acknowledge the Disclaimer to enter